Keep them cool
Temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit can warp your PLA products.
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Store in an air-conditioned storage space. Avoid hot kitchens or food truck storage
- Move the boxes to a cool location as soon as they are delivered
Remember, PLA is designed to break down in hot temperatures just like compost. It’s important to avoid placing them in the type of conditions that promote degradation.
If you don’t have a good location to store these items safely, we provide alternatives for many of our PLA containers. These alternatives are still compostable, plant-based, and eco-friendly, but may work better if your storage is not temperature-controlled.
Instead of PLA deli containers or salad bowls, use fiber bowls or paper bowls
- Instead of PLA straws, use PHA straws
- Instead of PLA clamshells, use fiber clamshells
- Instead of PLA cold cups, use paper hot cups